Acadia National Park in Autumn Photography Workshop 2019
Acadia National Park Photography Workshop 2019
Dates: October 12-16, 2019
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
Instructor(s): Kurt Budliger & Joe Rossbach
Acadia National Park in Maine quite possibly could be the crown jewel of the east coast. The park features miles of undeveloped rocky coast, towering granite summits with awe inspiring views, myriad lakes and ponds and countless opportunities to photograph intimate forest scenes and quiet harbors. It’s also arguably the northeast’s best fall foliage hot spot. Join us for this 5-day inspiration packed exploration of this magnificent park.
- Gain a strong technical and creative foundation in outdoor photography
- Learn the importance of “seeing the light,” weather forecasting and location scouting
- Learn how to use filters in the field to control dynamic range
- Learn strategies for making dynamic compositions that have energy and egage the viewer
- Learn how to choose aperture and hyperfocal focusing for depth of field
- Bring your images to life using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop (beginner and advanced techniques)
- Photograph intimate ponds, woodlands and streams in glorious autumn color
- Photograph sunrise and sunsets from mountain summits and along the wild Atlantic coast
- Get individualized instruction and critique in the field as well as classroom
The workshop will kick off on Saturday October 12, 2019 at 2:00 PM at the Bar Harbor Hotel – The Bluenose with a short reception and slideshow and then it’s into the field we go to make images. There is no “set” daily schedule, rather we keep things flexible in order to best respond to the weather and available light for making images. Typically, we’ll be out for sunrise, shoot until mid morning and then take a break for a meal and brief rest. We’ll convene in the conference room for instruction, post processing and critique during the mid-day hours when the light is typically less conducive to photography. We’ll then head back out into the field in the late afternoon and evening, ending our session after sunset. We’ll end our time together after our last sunrise shoot of the workshop on Wednesday October 16, with plenty of time to return to the hotel for a normal checkout and departure.
There will be no strenuous hiking involved during the workshop and most locations will be close to the road. Some locations, however may involve a short hike of less than a mile with no serious elevation gains. We will be spending a lot of time shooting along the rocky Maine coast. The terrain there is very uneven and can be somewhat slippery. Hiking boots and a modest level of health and fitness will greatly enhance your experience.
Participants are responsible for their own lodging, transportation and meals. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Bar Harbor Hotel – The Bluenose, 90 Eden St. Bar Harbor, ME 1-800-445-4077 or 207-288-3348 www.barharborhotel.com Please reference Green Mountain Photographic Workshops or Kurt Budliger Photography when making your reservation.
A deposit of 500.00 USD is required to secure a space on this workshop. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of this workshop. There is no refund after the final payment has been made (unless we can fill your spot). Please see our cancellation policy for more detailed information.