Acadia National Park in Autumn Photography Workshop 2024
Acadia National Park Photography Workshop
Dates: October 14-18, 2024
Location: Bar Harbor, Maine
Instructor: Kurt Budliger & Benjamin Williamson
Overview:Acadia National Park in Maine quite possibly could be the crown jewel of the east coast. The park features miles of undeveloped rocky coast, towering granite summits with awe inspiring views, myriad lakes and ponds and countless opportunities to photograph intimate forest scenes and quiet harbors. It’s also arguably the northeast’s best fall foliage hot spot. Join us for this 5-day inspiration packed exploration of this magnificent park.
- Gain a strong technical and creative foundation in outdoor photography
- Learn the importance of “seeing the light,” weather forecasting and location scouting
- Learn how to use filters in the field to control dynamic range
- Learn strategies for making dynamic compositions that have energy and egage the viewer
- Learn how to choose aperture and hyperfocal focusing for depth of field
- Bring your images to life using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop (beginner and advanced techniques)
- Photograph intimate ponds, woodlands and streams in glorious autumn color
- Photograph sunrise and sunsets from mountain summits and along the wild Atlantic coast
- Get individualized instruction and critique in the field as well as classroom
The workshop will kick off on Monday October 14, 2024 at 2:30 PM at the Bar Harbor Hotel – The Bluenose with a short reception and slideshow and then it’s into the field we go to make images. There is no “set” daily schedule, rather we keep things flexible in order to best respond to the weather and available light for making images. Typically, we’ll be out for sunrise, shoot until mid morning and then take a break for a meal and brief rest. We’ll convene in the conference room for instruction, post processing and critique during the mid-day hours when the light is typically less conducive to photography. We’ll then head back out into the field in the late afternoon and evening, ending our session after sunset. We’ll end our time together after our last sunrise shoot of the workshop onFriday October 18, with plenty of time to return to the hotel for a normal checkout and departure.