Vermont Fall Foliage Photography Workshop 2020
Autumn in Vermont Photography Workshop
Dates: October 6-10, 2020
Location: Montpelier, VT
Instructor(s): Kurt Budliger & Joe Rossbach
There is no question that autumn in Vermont is the most magical time to be out photographing and exploring the natural landscape. From rushing waterfalls and forests draped in autumn color to rolling mountains and quaint New England farms, we’ll visit some of the state’s best scenery and secret spots for dramatic fall color. It truly is one of the best times to visit and photograph Vermont!
- Gain a strong technical and creative foundation in outdoor photography
- Learn the importance of “seeing the light,” weather forecasting and location scouting
- Learn how to use filters in the field to control dynamic range
- Learn strategies for making dynamic compositions that have energy and egage the viewer
- Learn how to choose aperture and hyperfocal focusing for depth of field
- Bring your images to life using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop (beginner and advanced techniques)
- Get individualized instruction and critique in the field as well as classroom
- Photograph intimate ponds, woodlands and streams in glorious autumn color
- Photograph sunrise and sunsets from rolling mountains and along country roads and farmland
The workshop will kick off on Tuesday October 6, 2020 at 2:00 PM at the Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood in Montpelier, VT with a short reception and slideshow and then it’s into the field we go to make images. There is no “set” daily schedule, rather we keep things flexible in order to best respond to the weather and available light for making images. Typically, we’ll be out for sunrise, shoot until mid morning and then take a break for a meal and brief rest. We’ll convene in the conference room for instruction, post processing and critique during the mid-day hours when the light is typically less conducive to photography. We’ll then head back out into the field in the late afternoon and evening, ending our session after sunset. We’ll end our time together after our last sunrise shoot of the workshop on Saturday October 10, with plenty of time to return to the hotel for a normal checkout and departure.
There will be no strenuous hiking involved during the workshop and most locations will be close to the road. Some locations, however may involve a short hike of less than a mile with no serious elevation gains. We will be spending a lot of time shooting along streams and waterfalls that will require scrambling over rocks and down hillsides. The terrain in the mountains can be very uneven and sometimes slippery along streams and rivers. Hiking boots and a modest level of health and fitness will greatly enhance your experience.
Participants are responsible for their own lodging, transportation and meals. Carpooling is encouraged to minimize our footprint as well as foster camaraderie. A block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Inn & Suites at Maplewood 213 Paine Turnpike N., Montpelier, VT, US, 05602 Phone: (802) 229-2222.
A deposit of 500.00 USD is required to secure a space on this workshop. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of this workshop. There is no refund after the final payment has been made (unless we can fill your spot). Please see our cancellation policy for more detailed information.