Autumn in the Tetons Photography Workshop
Autumn in the Tetons Photography Workshop 2019
Dates: September 20 – 23, 2019
Location: Jackson Hole, WY
Instructor(s): Kurt Budliger & Joe Rossbach
The Tetons are arguably one of the most rugged and photogenic ranges in the Rocky Mountain West. Photographers from all over the world make pilgrimages to Wyoming to photograph the majesty of this magnificent national park. While photographing the Tetons during any season is fantastic, we think autumn is prime time. In addition to stunning mountain views late September brings on the golden color of aspen and cottonwood stands and the changing season can ofter produce dramatic skies. Our group size will be capped at 10 on this workshop to ensure an intimate shooting experience as well as maximize the instructor to student ration of 5:1. Join us for this 5-day inspiration packed exploration of this magnificent and wild region of the Rocky Mountains.
- Gain a strong technical and creative foundation in outdoor photography
- Learn the importance of “seeing the light,” weather forecasting and location scouting
- Learn how to use filters in the field to control dynamic range
- Learn strategies for making dynamic compositions that have energy and egage the viewer
- Learn how to choose aperture and hyperfocal focusing for depth of field
- Bring your images to life using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop (beginner and advanced techniques)
- Get individualized instruction and critique in the field as well as classroom
- Photograph intimate ponds, streams, aspen stands and woodlands in glorious autumn color
- Photograph sunrise and sunsets with majestic mountain backdrops
The workshop will kick off on September 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM in Jackson Hole (exact location TBA) with a short reception and then it’s into the field we go to make images. There is no “set” daily schedule, rather we keep things flexible in order to best respond to the weather and light available for making images. Typically, we’ll be out for sunrise, shoot until mid morning and then take a break for a meal and brief rest. We’ll then head back out into the field in the mid afternoon and evening, ending our session after sunset. We’ll also have the opportunity for informal post processing and critique sessions throughout our time together. We’ll end our time together after our last sunset shoot on September 23.
There will be no strenuous hiking involved during the workshop and most locations will be close to the road. Some locations, however may involve a short hike of less than a mile with elevation gains under 150 feet. We will be spending a lot of time shooting in mountainous terrain and thick aspen forests. Hiking boots and a modest level of health and fitness will greatly enhance your experience.
Students are responsible for their own lodging, transportation and meals. A block of rooms has been reserved at a local hotel and will be made available upon registration. Please reference Joseph Rossbach Photographic Workshops or Joseph Rossbach Photography when making your reservation.
A deposit of 500.00 USD is required to secure a space on this workshop. Final payment is due 60 days prior to the start of this workshop. There is no refund after the final payment has been made (unless we can fill your spot). Please see our cancellation policy for more detailed information.